5 Simple Ways To Boost Your Website Traffic
If there’s one thing we all want, it’s more website traffic. With more traffic comes more sales, higher advertising revenue, and better brand awareness. However, it’s not a simple process. In fact, we can beaver away at our sites while the traffic flatlines. If you’re looking to get the most out of your website, we’ve got some fantastic ideas for you today. We’ve been helping readers improve their web presence for years, and we’ve certainly leant a thing or two. We know what makes the internet tick, and we know how to drive traffic. Keep reading to find out more.
1. SEO – Did you know that 70% of Google users never click past the first page of results? If you’re not on the first page, you’re losing out on a lot of traffic. In fact, 30% of people only ever click on the top three search results. One of the most important things you can do for your website is invest in SEO. That stands for search engine optimization, and it’s all about getting your website on the first page of Google. It all starts with targeted keywords, and embedding them throughout your site.
2. Advertising – A quick fire way to boost your website traffic is through advertising. Online ads are now easier and more effective than ever before. Done correctly, you’ll send thousands of visitors pouring to your website. Best of all, online adverts can be specifically tailored to your target audience. With Facebook ads, for example, you can choose the location, demographics, and interests of your audience. Set a budget, and try it for yourself. If you’d like to learn more about online advertising, visit www.soapmedia.co.uk.
3. Get active on social media – Social media is an incredibly effective way to send tons of traffic to your website. Facebook is particularly great at driving traffic, but building that following isn’t easy. Start by creating a content schedule. Share regular updates, photos and blogs with your followers. Encourage them to share your content, and watch as your fan base starts to grow. You can do the same thing on Twitter. Make sure you post your content regularly, and ask followers to share.
4. Guest blogging – Guest blogging has a number of great advantages. First of all, it allows you to connect with other industry thought-leaders and tastemakers. Who knows what opportunities that will open up for you? Secondly, it taps into a new audience that are interested in what you’re saying. Thirdly, it gives you a strong link back to your website that will send lots of traffic back to you. Lastly, that link will help strengthen your SEO (Google loves a good quality inbound link). Learn more about guest blogging at www.kissmetrics.com.
5. Email marketing – We’ll leave you with the most effective traffic driver of all: email marketing. Of course, your first step is building up a good subscriber list. So, start by offering something to your readers in exchange for their email address. Now you can send them timely email updates, and drive traffic back to your site.
That’s all the tricks we have in store today. Don’t forget to check out our guide to growing sales before you go!