10 Freebies Experts Think Designers Should Have
Having a powerful website is every business owner’s dream. Many of them turn to expert designers for that website that will set them apart from everyone else.
As a designer clients see you as some sort of a superhero. They expect you to give them a website that will do wonders for their businesses. The only way to do this is by making sure you have the best website design resources available.
Today we bring you the top 10 design resources that experts around the world believe every designer should have in their library and you know what? They are all FREE!!
1. Premium One Page WordPress Theme
The homepage is the most powerful part of any website. People will rarely visit more than two pages on a website at one go.
The first page they land on, which in most cases is the homepage, will determine whether they buy into your business or move on to the next business.
When creating a website for your clients aim to put together everything that is important to the web visitors on the homepage and keep them hooked. If you do this successfully, then there will be no need for them to wade through multiple pages trying to find the information they are interested in.
A one-page theme is the best way to create a powerful landing page. The Compact One is one of the best one-page themes you will find around. This WordPress theme is user-friendly, highly responsive and multi-purpose.
The theme is specially created to help businesses showcase their work on one page. It is highly suitable for small businesses, startups, freelancers, agencies, and any other business website.
The theme comes with 7 stunning sections that are easy to setup and customize to fit business needs. It has a very smooth scrolling navigation, a full-width slider, a progress and countdown bar, detailed typography options as well as a gallery with mouse hover effect.
All these features will help you to create a visually appealing one-page business website that will keep visitors excited.
Get this theme free today!
2. Free Arrow Icons to Improve Your Site Navigation
A website that is easy to navigate is more useful to a web user. A website that is easy to navigate will entice a web visitor to stay on the site longer and explore more parts of the website.
The longer a web visitor stays on your website, the more love the website will receive from search engines. The longer they stay on your website the lower the bounce rate and the higher the chance you have of enticing them to become customers.
Use these free bundle of over 90 arrow icons to create easy to navigate websites that will help lead web visitors to the most important pages of any business website.
These arrow icons are great for slideshows, designing carousels, page navigation, sliders, and lists.
Navigation icons are great in offering easy to understand actions such as moving to the next page, undoing an action, rotating an image etc. They are also good for removing white space in pages with little content. Use icons to bring attention to particular areas of the website without losing the attention of the web user.
A few things to consider when using icons:
- Keep them consistent with the client’s branding.
- All your navigation elements should be clickable.
- Your navigation titles should correspond to the content on the page they are redirecting the user to.
- If you have multiple sections on a website, make sure you divide the sections into clear and well-defined categories and subcategories.
- Add ALT text to all clickable images.
Grab these free icons here:
3. 13 Free Beautiful Watercolor Design Patterns
Watercolor web design is today a popular trend that is helping designers create epic designs. The advantage of the watercolor design is that you can use it in many different ways. You can add a watercolor design to website and banner backgrounds.
This trend is also perfect for nonwebsite designs such as posters, flyers, wall decors, wallpapers, handbags, t-shirts, mugs etc. You can also use them for print designs, book covers, and pillows covers.
Quite a lot to do with these 13 watercolor design patterns right?
Before you start using watercolor patterns for your designs, here are a few things to remember:
- Highlight different sections of a website that have a similar background using lighting effects.
- Choose watercolor patterns with colors in the same palette and intensity.
- Maximize a site’s symmetry by using a centered, tiled or scaled image on a background.
- Create contrast by adding transparency. This will make your text stand out.
Ready to start using watercolor designs? Get these 13 patterns free now.
4. 14 Spring Background Patterns
Be inspired by the beauty of spring and add color and splendor to any website with watercolor spring background patterns.
These patterns are perfect for your website and banner backgrounds as well as other business marketing designs including posters and fliers. You can use them for business merchandise such as handbags, T-shirts, mugs and much more.
Why are these patterns important for your designs?
You can use them to create amazing animations and presentations. Your graphics will be clear, sharp and easy for your users to interpret them.
- They will not distort your images even if you enlarge them.
- They are perfect for detailed illustrations.
- They are easy to create using Adobe Illustrator, Macromedia Freehand, and Corel Draw.
- They are perfect for print designs.
Download these 14 patterns free!
5. 4 Free Legal Forms for Every Online Business
Most of your website design clients are probably online business owners. Majority of them may not be aware of the legal documents that are most important to them. Giving them these 4 legal forms will set you apart from other designers.
These four agreements will give your clients and their businesses solid legal protection and help them kick-start their businesses the right way.
These legal forms will help your clients avoid doing double work by streamlining their work. This will save them time and effort and ensure sustainability of their services. The legal forms are customizable and will protect clients from having to rewrite and revise them every time they need to get on a contract.
The four legal documents included are:
- Website Development Agreement: This is an important document for you as a web designer and also for your clients. This document protects the interests of the designer and the client and should be signed before any design work commences. A website development agreement is used to define the relationship between the designer and the client. It defines the scope of services to be provided, ownership of intellectual property, payment, and time to be taken in the creation of the website.
- Subscription Agreement: This agreement is necessary when a company wants to issue its shares to third parties. The agreement defines the number of shares issued, the purchase price, as well as representations and warranties as to the recipient’s ability to acquire the shares, among other things.
- Domain Name Purchase Agreement: When an online business is interested in selling or buying a domain name from a third party, they should have a Domain Name Purchase Agreement to document the transaction.
Help your clients be on top of the legal part of their businesses by downloading these legal forms free today!
6. Valentine Vector Graphics of 11 Cards & 25 Badges for Free
Valentine’s Day will soon be here so help your clients increase their sales on this day by creating spectacular designs for them.
With this beautiful deal of free Valentine vector graphics, you can customize your designs to attract lovers to your client’s products and services.
The bundle comes with 11 valentine cards plus 25 love badges. Use this bundle to create visually appealing designs that will deliver a sweet message. Make customers loved and special
These vector graphics are easy to use and manipulate. You can easily resize your images without distorting their sharpness. You can also use them on print designs without affecting the sharpness of your images.
Grab these free vectors here:
7. Black Friday & Thanksgiving Graphics Bundle
There’s no better day in the sales calendar than the Black Friday and Thanksgiving Sale. Help your clients make the best out of this sale by reaching out to their audience, family, and friends with this perfect Black Friday and Thanksgiving graphics bundle.
Did we mention that it’s free? Yes, it is!
You can use this bundle to create colorful posters, website banners, sales promotion badges and so much more.
These graphics are highly customizable and you can edit them to suit your client’s needs. They are also very consistent and uniform with each other meaning that you can use them together for your designs if you want to.
Most importantly they are attention grabbing and will therefore, convince lots of people to buy into your client’s sales.
Download this bundle and start using it now!
8. 5 Free Christmas Poster Templates
Add some Christmas mood to all your designs with these free Christmas poster templates. This bundle has 5 gorgeous Christmas poster templates that will bring your designs to life this Christmas.
Whether you’re creating a website, season greeting cards, promotion material, events page or print ads, these templates will work perfectly.
Christmas is an important time for businesses and you want to get your designs right if you want them to work to their fullest potential during this period.
When creating website designs for a Christmas theme, make sure you include a festive background for some sparkle.
Make use of Christmas themed video and photography on websites to give web users some festive fun. Christmas social icons will also totally impress your visitors.
Add cool Christmas themed call to action buttons to entice visitors to explore sale items.
Get these Christmas posters free today!
9. 10 Fashion Vintage Badges for Your Projects
Vintage web design is another trend that is back in high demand. Not to be left behind we offer you an awesome set of 10 vintage badges perfect for any design project.
These badges will add credibility to your website, help clients win customer trust, expose their products and provoke web visitors to take action.
Use these badges to give your designs a vintage and unique look that will make them memorable.
They contain unique typography and bold colors that will add creativity to your designs and make them stand out.
The vintage badges have hand illustrations that will give your designs a personalized look which is more appealing to web users as it makes them feel special and connected to the website.
Get these badges free!
10. Free Corporate Email Template
Research shows that 93% of email users will normally opt-in relationships to a consumer brand, compared to on 15% on Facebook and 4% on Twitter.
What does this mean?
Email is still a bigger marketing tool than social media.
Gain some business edge by adding this free corporate email template to your business and use it to connect with your clients.
This email template is highly responsive and customizable. It is also easy to use and compatible with MailChimp and CampaignMonitor. This makes it easy for you to automate your email marketing process.
Get the template free now!
There are hundreds of design resources available and if you take advantage of them you can create awesome designs that will leave your clients wanting more, which is definitely good for your design business!